Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sound Sleeper


We're getting ready to take a trip this weekend. Argh. I'm tired of spending so much time in my little seat. Every day. Back and forth to daycare, on errands, shopping with mom (she has a shopping problem!)...blah blah blah. Dad says it's going to be an amazing weekend because we're going to a "real" air show.

I guess he doesn't realize that I can't see very far yet and I really don't have an affinity for planes. I'll just sit back and enjoy life in my new cabana. Mom bought it for me because she doesn't want me to get "major sunburn" at the show. Good thing she's looking out for me because I try to gurgle and coo and remind them about the important details, but sometimes the message doesn't get across.

Last weekend mom was organizing my clothes and I fell asleep playing with my toys (of course mom had to seize the photo opportunity because she thought I looked silly all wrapped in my toys). And, this week she decided to stop swaddling me cold turkey. That's right - no one arm stuff, just cold turkey.

In the mornings she has been praising me for sleeping so well, so I guess I'm doing pretty good at it. The first night I slept from 8 to 5, then ate and went back to sleep till 7:30. And yesterday I went to bed at 9 and got up at 6:45. I like to fall asleep listening to my sound machine (ocean waves) and chomping on my binky. I usually spit it out after I zonk out.

Not much is new, really. Mom keeps having her girlfriends over to entertain me. Mom's friends pass me around and make funny faces at me. They are fun and I am lucky to have so many big friends to look up to.

Grandma and Grandpa Poppins are coming in just a few more weeks. I'm so excited! They are going to squeal when they see how big I am now! I know we're going to have tons of fun!! They'll be here for my baptism, and hopefully some more of our family members will be able to come, too!

It's past bedtime and mom is nagging me to sign off. Toodle-doo.

1 comment:

badger girl said...

ps - - this is your mom speaking. dad says you look like a gangster in your pumpkin pictures. guess he doesn't recognize your yoga face yet. hehee. :)