Yesterday I had my two week check-up. I weigh 7 lbs. 4 oz. and am doing great! I think I wear my mom out because I'm a night owl, like I was in the womb, but I try to make up for it by sleeping 5-7 hour stretches at night. She likes that a lot.
Since arriving home from the hospital, I have learned a great deal about my new house. It's not bad. My nursery is really cozy and I spend a lot of time in there. The rest of the house is neat, too, but I don't like it quite as well.
Mom and dad used to sit on the patio a lot when they were waiting for me to arrive, and I can understand why. When mom takes me out to the patio we sit for endless hours listening to the birds, feeling the breeze, and soaking up some fresh air. I think it makes both of us feel better, especially while we're missing daddy. Hopefully his business trip ends on time, because I know mom and I cannot wait to see him again! He's the greatest.
My dog Greta is nice. She is kind of nosy sometimes - sticking her nose in my face - but I love her. Her barks can be loud, but she protects us while dad is away.
I have been visited by so many relatives and friends already - it's great! My aunt Sabrina and Uncle Tom came all the way from England to entertain me (Uncle Tom is hilarious!) and Grandma Diane came from Cincinnati. Grandpa Arlin took a thousand pictures of me and Grandma Judy is helping mom with so many projects....my dad likes to call her Mary Poppins! Maybe I will call her Grandma Poppins when I get a little older.
Time for me to take another nap. I will try to write occasionally, but it is taking me a while to get adjusted to life outside the womb. I think mom and I will both feel better when we get into a bit of a routine. She has signed me up for a professional photo shoot on Thursday....gosh, I don't know what to wear! Guess I'll sleep on it for now.
Sweet dreams of breast milk and snuggles.
Ems
1 comment:
That is wonderful Em that you gained weight, your mommy must be feeding you well, and I am sure having grandma around is nice too. Grandmas always make you want to eat more !! Keep up the hunger! A girl always does! teee hee.. Hey anytime you feel like posing, be sure your mommy and daddy take some more snapshots of you, I am sure you change daily! Sweet Dreams...and pssst. it's your mommy's birthday tommorow so can you take an extra long nap for her? what a nice present that would be ! xoxoxo Trista !
Post a Comment