Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I got dunked

Last Sunday was a very special day. My parents got me all dolled up in a beautiful white gown and took me to church for my baptism. The ceremony was nice and I didn't cry or anything, everyone said I did a great job. We got our pictures taken and we invited friends and family to our house for brunch. Mom made great aunt mitzi's brunch casserole, great grandma dorothy's cinnamon buns, fruit salad, carrot cake, mimosas....there was lots of food! Our neighbors brought over potato casserole and I can't wait till I'm old enough to eat it, it smelled delicious!

On Friday night, mom and dad tried to give me my first bowl of rice cereal. Yuck. I sat in my Bumbee chair and kept leaning back to get away from the spoon. Do real people actually eat this stuff? I guess it could be worse, but so far I'm not a fan. They tried to take my picture but the camera batteries were dead. We took a video, but mom had to turn it off when I got super agitated.

Grandma and Grandpa Poppins are staying with me this week. Dad and Grandpa have been doing a lot of house projects, like painting the basement and patching drywall in the garage. Grandma is doing some little sewing projects for mom because mom is "challenged" in that department.

Tomorrow is my five-month birthday. I'm very excited that I'm already five months old. Only four and a half years till Kindergarten starts. (I have a hunch mom will cry on that day.)

I will add some pictures of my baptism soon. Did you like my giggle video? People are still calling me Gerber baby.

Love you,

Emmy

No comments: