Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not a baby anymore

(Post by Claire)

Emily is growing so fast. Her vocabulary is blossoming and it's just beautiful. She now forms full thoughts -- strings of sentences -- to express her feelings and ideas. And last night I about melted when she came home from school and gave me a huge hug and said, "I missed you, Mommy."

Sometimes I am in complete denial that she is already two and a half. It feels like just yesterday that she was born, with that pile of dark curly hair that is now so fair, straight and long. She is starting to do so many things herself -- and often asks to put her coat on without assistance. She also wants to help us with nearly everything we do.

It's hard to put a finger on what I love most about our precious little bean. Perhaps, so far, it is her simple ability to see the world without judgment and hatred. She is so pure and innocent and it's a joy to see the curiosity in her eyes, and sheer delight in her expressions.

Can't I just keep her like this forever?

1 comment:

Robison family said...

What a beautiful post! And what a beautiful little girl you're raising....