Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm growing and it makes me sleepy

It has been a while since I last found time to write. Here's an update:

My approximate weight is 17.5 lbs.

I'm still wearing 9 mos. clothes, but also some 12 month sizes, too.

My hair is filling in and some people say I'm strawberry blonde.

Fruits and vegetables are my new friend. I eat beans, peas, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, applesauce, pears, and prunes. I still eat oatmeal in the morning, too, along with my soy formula.

My bottom teeth are really starting to show and I'm working feverishly to let my top ones show, too. Mom calls me a droolbug or a drool machine.

Last night my parents went out for date night and I got to hang out with mom's friend Danielle and her boyfriend. Danielle is really cool and I hope she will come play with me again. It's nice for me to have a break from mom and dad!!

My favorite time of the day is bath time -- I love to splash and play with my terrycloth animals and plastic cups. Sometimes Greta, my puppy, sits next to the tub and watches me. I think I confuse her with all the splashing. Dad says she loves water, but I haven't seen her swim yet.

I love to sleep all night, usually in bed around 7 or 7:30, and up at the same time about 12 hours later. I still listen to ocean waves on my sound machine for one hour each night. I don't need it for naps.

My mom fed me some little Gerber stars this week. Dad gave me some, too. They are kind of fun to play with - they dissolve on my tongue! However, mom said soon we'll play with some softer food that will help me learn to chew, such as little pieces of fruit. That sounds like a delicious idea.

Next week we're going to Michigan. I'm going to miss my little friends at daycare. They make me laugh all day!

Time for bed.