Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Silent Treatment and Blowing Kisses

My grandparents in Michigan sent me some awesome shoes for my birthday. I now fit in my size five "Squeaker Sneakers" and they are quite squeaky! Every step I take they emit a "squeak" and by 5:00 it is enough to give me a headache! Yesterday I had a meltdown at daycare in the afternoon after the teacher put my shoes back on.

This morning, I decided to protest when mom put them on me. She told me that she took the squeakers out, but I didn't believe her. So, as soon as she put them on I decided to crawl. I refused to stand up! By the end of the day I figured out that they weren't so loud today, but mom thought it was really cool that I was smart enough to realize that she put on my squeaks today!

In other news, when mom comes to pick me up from daycare, I wave to all my friends and head out the door to freedom. Sometimes I even blow kisses to my teacher. Tonight mom took me out for our (weekly) Mexican dinner. I had a cheese quesadilla and some cilantro rice and black beans. Mmmm. The staff is so nice to me. I walked to the door after dinner and blew them kisses when we left, too! The owner said she can't wait until her grandson is 17 months, just like me!

So, besides being hilarious and imitating mommy's laughs (high, low, quiet, loud, etc) and words, not much is new. I have been using sippy cups ONLY for several weeks now...no more bottles. And, over the weekend mom played a trick on me! Since I kept unloading my dresser, she put all my clothes on hangers and loaded my drawers with books and toys. Not nearly as much fun to mess up, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I find a way to get her back.

She did buy me an antique oak table and a little black chair at the Lithopolis antique store today. She said we get to do play-dough this weekend!! I'm excited!

Well...another busy day ahead....

No comments: