Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Starting a new routine

Things have been very busy. Mom and Dad have enrolled me in a new school less than 10 minutes from our house. It's called the Goddard School and it's really fun. I get to sit at a big girl table to eat lunch with the kids. We do a lot of projects and read books and sing songs. Mom packs me a lunch and I get something different every day!

The first day -- yesterday -- I was so excited. Mom was really proud of me because I didn't cry all day! I got tons of kisses, everybody loves me and tells me how cute I am (how annoying!). :) When mom picked me up, we ran an errand and I fell asleep on the way home. I continued to sleep on the living room floor when we got home. I was all tuckered out after meeting so many new friends!

Today, on the other hand, I was kind of sad when mom left. (Side note, mom wasn't sad because she found a Starbucks drivethru across the street!!!) But, I know it will become a routine soon and it will be awesome. The kids in my room (called the Brilliant Butterfly room) are 16 months to 24 months. That means I can learn a lot from the big kids!

Last week I had a total blast with Grandma Poppins and crew. I got to spend time with Uncle Jimmy and a little time with Aunt Dorothy. I gave her a lot of hugs even though she has mono. She's worth the germs! I miss them all!

On the way home we got to see Grandma Diane at the airport for lunch. It was such fun to see her and visit for a little while before our short plane ride home to Columbus. The rest of the day we just played and unpacked.

Sunday we picked up Greta from doggy daycare. She had so much fun with her friends! She got a good report card and we played with her more when we got home. She's so funny.

I'm working on some new words. Of course, my favorite word is "No!" Mom says I should actually write it like this: "NO!!!" because I say it with such determination. I also say "Nigh Nigh" for bedtime, Mom, Dada, Gigi, Good Girrrrl, and a few other random words. And, I point at things that I want.

One of my favorite things to do is tease Greta. We chase each other around and play games. I think she loves me even though I tease her. That is why they call dogs man's best friend, right? They are so loving! I'm lucky to have my Gigi, she is a good example of a loyal friend.

Well, I better get some rest. Another busy day of school tomorrow.

Daddy is coming home this weekend. I am really excited!

PS, mom says to make note that I am good at blowing kisses, and I am an especially affectionate little girl. I give hugs to everyone!

1 comment:

Ms. Natties Mum said...

You enjoy your time with Daddy lil girl ! Sounds like you are having some fun in OH....tell your Momma to post some pics of you....as you must know my Mom is a pic NUT !! She is loosing it !!! Well better go, Nattie.