Let's see. We've been pretty busy, so I have been remiss in writing. Besides practicing my seven languages (gaga, googoo, fart noises, cooing, yelling, ahh, dada), I have been watching my parents get our house ready for Christmas!
I guess I should back up and say that Daddy came home from a trip on Friday and it was wonderful to see him!! I got to stay up pretty late that night and see a bunch of grownups welcome him home.
Saturday we did a lot of laundry and organizing. My dad has a keen eye for organization, hopefully I take after him because mom seems to stress herself out with her piles and I don't want to be that way when I'm big like her. After a busy day of house projects, we took a family trip to get a Christmas tree. We saw quite an assortment of ugly trees with wiry stems, Charlie Brown trees, trees that seemed as tall as our house, and trees that were losing needles and still cost $50. After stopping at five places, we settled on a beautiful artificial tree from Lowe's.
Starting Saturday night, our town was glazed over by a beautiful ice storm. We didn't go anywhere all day - just got to decorate the tree, cook, play, nap and enjoy being safe at home. It was wonderful!
Now, it's back to reality and daycare. It's exciting that daddy is home -- now I never know who will drop me off or pick me up, mom and dad keep my routine pretty interesting! I started oatmeal and now have two teeth on the bottom, altho you can feel them you cannot see my little pearly whites.
Daddy got mommy a new computer, and she is having some "technical difficulties" getting things set up. Therefore, you will just have to imagine our family picture from our reunion on Friday night. I'll try to post it soon when mom gets her act together.
Well, sweet dreams of oatmeal...and next week we start the green beans!!!
1 comment:
Emily,
We hope you have a great first Christmas. Enjoy a very special time with you Mommy and Daddy.
love,
The Todds
Post a Comment